- Japanese government officials say U.S. President Donald Trump is likely to visit Japan as a state guest in late May.
- Trump has stressed that North Korea must take meaningful steps toward denuclearization in order to have sanctions on the country lifted.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has shown willingness to strengthen ties with Japan and other Asian nations.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in has proposed that the United States should use inter-Korean economic projects as a “concession” to urge North Korea to denuclearize.
- Tens of thousands of people rallied across France on Tuesday to protest an increase in anti-Semitic acts.
- Honda Motor says it will cut its annual global automobile output to 5.1 million units from the current 5.4 million.
- A senior aide to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un continues making preparations in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi for next week’s summit.
- China’s government has unveiled a development plan aimed at further integrating Guangdong Province, Hong Kong and Macau.
- Venezuela’s opposition leader Juan Guaido is calling for a million volunteers to help bring in much-needed humanitarian aid.