- The foreign ministers of Japan and Russia have failed to narrow their differences over four Russian-held islands claimed by Japan.
- U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has stressed the necessity of maintaining sanctions against North Korea ahead of the second U.S.-North Korea summit.
- The dispute between the United States and China over Chinese telecom giant Huawei is escalating.
- The foreign ministers of Japan and South Korea have held talks amid worsening bilateral relations over wartime issues.
- A series of legal battles are looming as U.S. Democrats prepare to challenge President Donald Trump’s declaration of a national emergency to get funding for a border wall with Mexico.
- U.S. President Donald Trump has indicated that he is willing to extend the March 1st deadline for the trade talks with China and tariffs on Chinese imports may continue unchanged.
- Japan’s foreign minister says he plans to urge his South Korean counterpart to have Seoul act appropriately on the issue of wartime labor.
- U.S. President Donald Trump says he will declare a national emergency to fund the building of a wall along the southern border with Mexico.
- U.S. Vice President Mike Pence has strongly urged European nations to follow the United States in withdrawing from a nuclear deal with Iran.